Virtual reality company Oculus VR will partner with film studio 20th Century Fox to deliver movies to Oculus’ VR headsets, the two companies announced on Thursday.
Netflix today announced its agreement with the cable network Epix will not be renewed next month. That means as of September, U.S. Netflix users will lose”some high profile movies” including Hunger Games: Catching Fire, World War Z, and Transformers: Age of Extinction.
Epix, which has a joint venture for movie licenses from Paramount Pictures, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures, and Lionsgate, previously signed an exclusive streaming deal with Netflix. The exclusivity of that agreement expired in August 2012, and in September of that year Amazon signed a deal with Epix to compete more with Netflix.
If you’re a Netflix user and have no interest in getting your Epix movies from another source, the company has some advice. If you want to watch these movies, “now is the time.”
The company explains that “while many of these movies are popular, they are also widely available on cable and other subscription platforms at the same time as they are on Netflix and subject to the same drawn out licensing periods.” Netflix instead wants to focus on original films and “some innovative licensing arrangements with the movie studios” that will result in “a better movie experience” for its members.
Instead of Epix movies, Netflix chief content officer Ted Sarandos wants U.S. users to be excited about what the company has planned for the next few months:
- In October – Beasts of No Nation, an unflinching war drama from Emmy Award winning director, Cary Fukunaga, director of True Detective, and Golden Globe winner, Idris Elba, star of Luther and Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom.
- In December – Ridiculous Six, the first of four new comedies from Adam Sandler, will debut with an all-star cast including Terry Crews, Taylor Lautner, Rob Schneider, Jorge Garcia, Luke Wilson, Steve Buscemi, Nick Nolte, Whitney Cummings, Will Forte, Steve Zahn, David Spade, John Turturro and Harvey Keitel.
- Also in December – Sofia Coppola directs Bill Murray in a form-bending holiday classic-to-be A Very Murray Christmas.
- In early 2016 – the sweeping action thriller Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: Green Legend produced by Harvey Weinstein and the latest adventure of the much adored Pee-wee Herman in Pee-wee’s Big Holiday produced by Judd Apatow.
- We also have some great family films coming your way, including Minions, Hotel Transylvania 2, and Home through arrangements with Sony Pictures Animation, Universal Pictures and DreamWorks Animation. Starting next year, we will be the exclusive US pay TV home of the latest theatrical movies from the The Walt Disney Company, including Pixar, Lucasfilm and Marvel movies.
Netflix promises that the majority of these films will arrive “faster than traditional arrangements had previously allowed” and part of an “ever-improving catalogue.” The company also emphasized that its goal is “to provide great movies and TV series for all tastes, that are only available on Netflix.”
And that’s the real story here: Netflix has always had to strike licensing deals with various partners. As it moves to creating its own content though, it’s much more interested in such deals if they’re exclusive to its service. Epix wasn’t.
Powered by VBProfiles
Do you download your music from recognised sources so that recording artists actually benefit from their work?
If you are you will understand just how costly this can be. Even with the price of music dropping recently there is always going to be that next big hit released and played on the radio for the whole world to and BANG! There you find yourself downloading again, more money spent just when money is one of the most protected commodities on the planet.
Out of the multitude of download websites available the iTunes Store rules the playing field by far having recently smashed the 10 Billion download milestone since it’s launch back in April 2003. It truly dominates the music download market.
Before you can access the official website for iTunes you are going to need to create a free account with them, and then attach your iPhone or iPod to your computer and link it. This though, is where the real fun begins because you are now ready to download music but wait, you can now apply gift cards or vouchers to your account.
Vouchers and gift cards are available to buy from almost everywhere nowadays like most fuel stations, Amazon, high street stores, grocery stores and newsagents. Mentioned previously though was the cost which can get silly but worry not, we have found a cure for this, downloading just got a heck of a lot cheaper!
A website called FreeiTunes.Co is giving everyone the chance to claim totally Free iTunes Vouchers valued at 50 pounds for people that sign up to an affiliate organisation and complete one of the on-line offers, then go on to refer a further 3 people to do the same. The magical bit here is that when you have completed an offer you never have to do another, you can simply just keep on claiming. Every time 3 people complete an offer for you this entitles you to another 50 pounds iTunes Voucher.
Claiming Free iTunes Vouchers works by an advertising method known as Affiliate Advertising and certain big companies like Lovefilm, Little Bid Tasty and Intuit are splashing the cash out to affiliate networks knowing that they will employ regular internet users like you and me to help them, and this is no bad thing because they pay out anything up to 90% of the revenue to pay for free gifts and cash alternatives so why not have a bash yourself, get in on the action and claim yourself a Free iTunes Voucher with FreeiTunes.Co
Call on over to Free iTunes Coupon Codes to find out how to claim a Free iTunes Coupon.
Among the famous reality participants in Dvor is the singer Dejan Cukic. For many it was a great surprise that he appears on TV Pink, because his audience are not watching this television. However, it is precisely because there decided to find and to try to live in specific circumstances, such as living in isolation. He and his wife agree that it is in a way only his mid-life crisis.[I:http://web-hosting-top12.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/SteveJunior23.jpg]
– We have not so far watched any reality shows because it was not interesting even to children, but now in the new situation and we are part of a wider audience and support Dejan – she said, adding that her husband decided to participate in the “Palace” under the the slogan “If you can not win, then join them”.
Sasa Dragic, the manager says that he supports Dejan Cukic in “Dvor”, but he was not sure how much he belongs there. “There is much of that motley crew, and he is hardcore rocker. I do not know how he will able to deal with them “- said Dragic to journalists.
I do not understand why is he going there. When Dejan Cukic entered the “Dvor” I do not know how to look on that. He is an intellectual and it will be difficult to fit with the other competitors. Although he seemed like he is relaxed and smiling I think it’s just a mask to hide that he is nervous for his stay in reality program.
People commenting on the forums that the “Dvor” worse than “Farm”. In favor of that goes the first night of Slovenia’s hostess Urska Cepin when she kissed the singer Cemo and evening spent in bed MC Stojan. That is promiscuity. That is promiscuity. And because there are a lot negative comments for the “Dvor”. Will Urska continue this behavior and whether she will try to seduce someone else?.