Apprenda, a provider of cloud software, has acquired Kismatic, a company that offers Kubernetes support to enterprise customers. With this acquisition, Apprenda has also launched a new Kubernetes distribution, along with new enterprise support subscriptions available to any company using the Kubernetes container management system.
Despite being a relatively new technology, “people are running Kubernetes to power microservices, highly trafficked Web properties, and as a foundation for appliances focused on cloud infrastructure build outs. It’s being used in both medium-sized and large enterprises alike, including many Fortune 500 companies,” said Sinclair Schuller, CEO, and co-founder of Apprenda in an email.
- IDG Contributor Network: Microsoft releases Azure Stack because . . . consistency
- IDG Contributor Network: Startups can’t ignore the importance of file management design
- IDG Contributor Network: Cue the guerrilla marketing — FinancialForce rolls out PSA Communities
- IDG Contributor Network: Preparing for a Salesforce implementation
- IDG Contributor Network: How to make containers more secure